Decorating your home should be about who you are and what you like. No matter what interior style you have in mind, Pergo provides the right flooring canvas on which you can paint your interior dreams. Here are a few of my best tips for what to consider concerning spaces and colours.
Discover what you like
Start by asking yourself a few questions:
- What do I want my home to feel like when I walk through the door?
- Like a quiet oasis?
- Do I want to set convention aside and push a few boundaries?
- Or something in between?
Create a personal mood board that clearly shows your style before you start redecorating. To do this, just pull pictures from interior decorating magazines that you immediately like. Whatever you find inspiring, add it to your collage. It's OK to mix and match styles, as long as you feel comfortable with your style.
When you know your style
Once you know which style direction to take and are ready to think about the floor, there are a few general tips about flooring that you should keep in mind:
- A lighter coloured floor helps a small room to appear larger.
- A rich, dark coloured floor in a large room creates a warmer, more intimate feel.
- Choosing a darker floor can also enhance rooms with a lot of natural light.
- If the room doesn't have a lot of natural light, you can lighten it up by choosing a lighter coloured floor.
- Plank decors, especially 2m planks, will generally enlarge your room.